Thursday, January 1, 2009

Baby Fox on the C & O Canal

The other day a client asked me for some baby animal photos for a publication. While searching my computer, I came across these two shots from April 2006. Although these aren't the shots that the client will be using, they are two of my favorites, so I thought I'd share them.

The story behind these shots; it was raining off & on while I was hiking on the C&O Canal. I decided I had enough of the foul weather, so I was walking back to my car (about 3 miles away) when I saw this little guy moving in the bushes. Right about then, the sky opened up & it started pouring, but I knew the chances to get a shot like this are rare, so I sat down next to a tree & waiting for him to come back out of the bushes. After about 10 minutes, he came back out & walked past me, keeping his eyes on me the entire time. We were both equally drenched. He walked away down the canal & into some thick brush. It was a magical encounter that I'll never forget.




Shot settings (both shots) - 1/100th second - f5.6 - ISO 200
Camera protected by a Storm Jacket camera cover
Photographer not-so protected by a thin water-logged sweatshirt hoodie

No comments: