Monday, June 1, 2009

Meadow Run Cascades at Ohiopyle State Park

Hooray, I found a cool new place to photograph in the area, someplace that I had never been before. Big thanks to my friend & fellow photographer Jeannette Hunt for taking me there. Oddly enough, the cascades are down in a valley, but the trail to reach them seemed to be a steep uphill hike both ways. I'm not entirely sure how that's possible, but my legs are sore all the same.
Along with four other members of the WMPA, we left Cumberland at 5 am to get there before the sun hit the falls. Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot...


The cool thing about the Cascades are they're a series of mini waterfalls, so the photo opportunities seem endless


The only other people crazy enough to be up this early were fishermen


Eventually the sun came up, giving some nice color along the treetops

You can see more pics from the shoot and from Ohiopyle State Park here - The Cascades

No comments: