Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Recent Work" exhibit - Bill Merlavage & Steve Sullivan - Sept 21st through Oct 25th

A dual exhibit at Arts at Canal Place, titled ‘Recent Work’, will feature the pottery of Steve Sullivan and the photography of Bill Merlavage. The exhibit will run from September 21st through October 25th, with a reception open to the public on October 24th from 6-8 p.m.

This is my first local exhibition in over two years, and I’m excited to be displaying many new prints, including several large images printed on canvas. It’s great to be doing a show with Steve, he’s a good friend & his pottery is fantastic, our styles compliment each other very well.
Almost all of the prints in the show have been taken within the past year, and many have been taken within the last 6 months…so a lot of new images will be making their debut at this show. I also plan to add additional pieces as the show progresses, so by the time of our late October reception, the show should look different than it did in late September.

A little about my photography; except for rare instances, anything that I have printed has been the culmination of several repeat visits to a location. I’m fanatical about the light that I shoot in, so I’ll visit a location at different times to determine the best lighting for the scene. The images are carefully composed and the camera settings are carefully adjusted to ensure the image will look good as a print. I do very little post-processing to my images, I strive for a finished image straight from the camera.

I hope that you’ll stop by to view the exhibition and I hope you’ll stop by to meet Steve & I at our reception on October 24th.
You can also view my images online at any time at www.merlavageimages.com.

Here is more information about Arts at Canal Place, including hours & directions.

1 comment:

Glenn said...

Bill, you have got to be the premier train photographer in the area; no doubt about it.

May God bless your show, along with Steve.