Thursday, October 8, 2009

Finzel Swamp - one of Western Maryland's best-kept secrets

The leaves are starting to pop here in Western Maryland, so it seemed like a perfect opportunity to take a walk through one of my favorite fall locations - Finzel Swamp.
Finzel Swamp is a little out of the way location, visited mostly by bird watchers & local photographers.
The cranberry glades are a bit past peak right now, they're mostly brown & dry, but there's still plenty of color in the surrounding trees.

Here are a few of the shots from this afternoon...








There's now a sign at the entrance to Finzel Swamp, so perhaps it won't remain such a secret location for long?

Blog post

1 comment:

Kirsten Dixon Photography said...

I see you found a sunny day to go! Now I can see what I missed. It looks beautiful. I'll get there some day :)