Sunday, January 24, 2010

Casselman Bridge in January...OOPS

Here's a cautionary example to periodically check your lens for obstructions. I stopped at Casselman Bridge yesterday morning for a quick shoot.
I kept the lens cap on the camera until the camera was set-up on the tripod for the shot. It wasn't raining or snowing, but it appears a stray drop of snow or water somehow found a way to get onto my lens. I had the camera LCD screen on histogram-view, so even though I was checking the screen after each shot, I didn't notice the big water spot until I was downloading the pics from the camera.



If you're interested in seeing some of my previous Cassleman shots (without huge blobs of water ruining the shot), you can view them here - Casselman Bridge & Spruce Forest Artisan Village

No comments: