Thursday, January 14, 2010

Western Maryland Scenic Railroad in December

Now that I'm about 90% recovered from my hard drive crash in November, I'm finally getting around to getting pictures off of my camera from the past few months.

Here are a few shots of WMSR #734 on a cold snow-covered day on Helmstetter's Curve. All three shots are pretty similar, but there are subtle changes in the shape of the steam that I really like.

These shots were taken on the final run of the 2009 season. To get to this vantage point I had to trudge through knee-deep snow up the hill on Helmstetter's farm. Shots were taken with a 70-200 lens. The first shot is at 200mm, the second two are at approx. 100mm.








If you're interested, you can view more Western Maryland Scenic Railroad shots here.

1 comment:

DiAnna said...

Incredible, as always, Bill! Love these! And after our recent very cold snap in AL I admire you photographers who trudge through snow and cold even more!