Thursday, June 3, 2010

DelFest 2010 - Day 3 (final day)

Ok, this is the last of my DelFest posts. It was such a wonderful event and each day was unique, thus the three separate posts.
Here are a few of the pics from the final day:


Darol Anger's Republic of Strings


David Grisman Bluegrass Experience


The McCoury's got on stage with the David Grisman Bluegrass Experience


Alvin Cordy from The Lee Boys


The Lee Boys

I really enjoyed The Lee Boys set on the second stage. They had everyone on their feet, and it was nice to hear "Superstition" and "We Want the Funk" at a bluegrass festival. I also think The Lee Boys had the amps turned up to 11, my ears were ringing for at least an hour after their set.

If you're interested in seeing all 400 or so DelFest pics, you can view them here - Merlavage Images - DelFest 2010.

Thanks...

3 comments:

Glenn said...

I had the chance to see the 1st two days photos and it's nice to know, from the 3rd set, that it was The Lee Boys that I could hear from my back porch. I thought it interesting that I heard Superstition and We Want The Funk coming from a bluegrass festival but it sure sounded good. BTW we live in Potomac Park... :-)

Good work Bill.

Robin said...

Awesome pictures Bill but where are the rest of Sunday: Dailey and Vincent, Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch??? Don't tell me you got tired and went home!!

Merlavage Images said...

Hi Robin, after 12 hours of shooting Fri & Sat, I was done by 7 pm Sunday...plus The Lee Boys blew my ear drums out. : )

Glenn, yeah The Lee Boys were very unique...what great performers. There wasn't a single person watching them & standing still. I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Thanks...
Bill