Friday, August 27, 2010

Gambill Summer Carnival at Canal Place

Now that school's out, it's great to be able to attend the WMPA group shoots again! It felt really good to be out shooting with my friends in the group. This week's shoot location was the Canal Place Festival Grounds, which is currently hosting a carnival by Gambill Amusements.
This was my first night shoot with the 10-20 wide angle lens, and aside from some lens flare & ghosting issues (I don't have a lens hood for it), I'm really happy with the results. Here are a few of my favs from the shoot...













...and since I love the colors of a carnival...here's a super-saturated HDR shot, taken as the sun was setting behind me.



If you're interested, I have shots from past carnivals here.

6 comments:

Glenn said...

These are great Bill. Of course I like the B&W photos but that color shot is fantastic.

Nice work... :-)

Merlavage Images said...

Thanks Glenn...I thought you might like the b/w images. : )

mooneyequalsmc2 said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyy heavens! Those first photos are just spectacular!!! Man, I just commented so fast I forgot to look if you posted your settings for those shots. I would LOVE to try this someday. Really great work!

Mindy~

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness ~~~ I'm Never NOT stunned by your photos!! As always....SPECTACULAR!!!

You're fantastic!!

Diane

Merlavage Images said...

Thank you guys

Kirsten Dixon Photography said...

Love these! You're so awesome!